Monday, June 7, 2010

A Biking Incident

I rode my bike 17.5 miles this morning! I haven't biked a whole lot, so that was pretty good for me. I did run into a problem in the first 5 minutes of riding though. My chain somehow came off, then I had to walk across a couple yards holding my bike, and I had to run in my house to see if my dad was there to help me. Unfortunately, he was working, so I had to figure it out myself. It took a couple tries and some very greasy fingers, but I got the chain back on! I almost decided to go back inside and forget about the bike ride, but I convinced myself that I needed to ride. My ride actually went pretty well. I made it through without any other problems, besides the fact that a dog almost knocked me off my bike, but I enjoyed the ride. It took me an hour and ten minutes, which is not too bad. I still need to work on my speed, but just getting time on my bike is good enough for now. I think I'll definitely be sore tomorrow though.

After some shopping and some rest at home, I headed over to the health club to go for a swim. I was excited to see that there were two open lanes today. That never happens! I swam 1000 yards straight and then did a 300 after that. I am actually starting to feel stronger in the water, so I'm a little less worried about being ready for the triathlon.

In other news, my blondies and maple pecan bars were a huge hit with my family! I'll definitely make those again!

No comments:

Post a Comment