Saturday, June 5, 2010

Restful Day

Today was a pretty good day. After an uneventful morning, I drove downtown Chicago with my dad. We went to the Lincoln Park zoo to pick up our race packets for the 10K we're doing tomorrow morning. After we got our packets, we walked around the zoo for a little bit and then drove to our apartment to get settled. After we got there, we decided to walk to Michigan Avenue to shop around a little before eating dinner. For dinner we went to Cafe Spiaggia and the food was amazing! I had a dish called Perciatelle which was thin hollow pasta with La Quercia guanciale (a type of Italian bacon), onions, garlic, basil, and Calabrian peppers. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the flavors were amazing.

The rest of my night has been pretty boring, but I'm getting nervous/excited for the race in the morning. I really want to break 40 minutes in the 10K. I just need to relax and believe in myself. I know if I can run the first 5K in under 20 minutes, I can keep up the pace for the rest of the race. I also want to try to win the race. I'm going to try to stay up front from the start and then we'll see what happens. Whatever happens, I know I'll be happy as long as I'm having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment